Soren bid to thwart naxals to disrupt poll
Jamshedpur: Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren on Wednesday said state machineries have been directed to thwart any naxal attempt to disrupt the ensuing General Election beginning from April 10 in the state.
The state administration have been alerted and directed to gear up to meet any eventuality during the ensuing electoral process, Soren replied when asked about the threat perception from ultra outfits during the proceedings.
Though it was a national problem, I think such negative forces become active during the elections, the Chief Minister said assuring that adequate steps are being taken to ensure free and fair poll in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!