Speaker pulls up HRD minister for his department`s `slow pace`
Ranchi: Jharkhand HRD Minister Baijnath
Ram Tuesday said his department had the `will power` to meet all
commitments and process of filling-up of vacancies in schools
Grilled by Assembly Speaker CP Singh that he had to
ensure implementation of all proposals and decisions taken by
the HRD, Ram said he had the will power to complete all
proposals and fill-up vacant teaching posts within two/three
Expressing concern that HRD department had been `slow`
in approving proposals, the Speaker took a dig at ministers
and ex-ministers saying they should consider the state in
totality instead of focusing proposals only in their
The Speaker`s remarks came in the wake of ex-HRD
minister and Jharkhand Janadhikar Manch MLA Bandhu Tirkey,
during whose tenure construction of a new school at Bero in
his Mandar Assembly constituency was sanctioned, sought to
know why the project did not take off despite Rs 65 lakh spent
on its outer wall.
Ram assured that the department would look into the
construction of the school at the earliest.
To another query by Congress MLA Sarfaraz Ahmed, Ram
announced a probe as to why a school had sought only 223 Urdu
books when the requirement was over one thousand at Teldih
Upgraded Middle School in Giridih.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!