Speaker pulls up HRD minister for his department`s `slow pace`
Ranchi: Jharkhand HRD Minister Baijnath
Ram Tuesday said his department had the `will power` to meet all
commitments and process of filling-up of vacancies in schools
Grilled by Assembly Speaker CP Singh that he had to
ensure implementation of all proposals and decisions taken by
the HRD, Ram said he had the will power to complete all
proposals and fill-up vacant teaching posts within two/three
Expressing concern that HRD department had been `slow`
in approving proposals, the Speaker took a dig at ministers
and ex-ministers saying they should consider the state in
totality instead of focusing proposals only in their
The Speaker`s remarks came in the wake of ex-HRD
minister and Jharkhand Janadhikar Manch MLA Bandhu Tirkey,
during whose tenure construction of a new school at Bero in
his Mandar Assembly constituency was sanctioned, sought to
know why the project did not take off despite Rs 65 lakh spent
on its outer wall.
Ram assured that the department would look into the
construction of the school at the earliest.
To another query by Congress MLA Sarfaraz Ahmed, Ram
announced a probe as to why a school had sought only 223 Urdu
books when the requirement was over one thousand at Teldih
Upgraded Middle School in Giridih.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30