Sushilkumar Shinde to visit Jharkhand to review security
New Delhi: Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde will visit Jharkhand on Tuesday to take stock of the security situation and development initiatives in the Naxal-affected state.
Shinde will travel to Ranchi accompanied by senior Home Ministry officials to review the law and order situation in Jharkhand and steps being taken to check violence by Maoists.
The Home Minister is scheduled to hold meetings with Governor Syed Ahmed, his two advisors -- K Vijay Kumar and Madhukar Gupta -- and other senior civil and police officials.
Jharkhand is currently under President`s rule.
The Centre is worried over unabated violence in Jharkhand where there were 542 abductions and nearly 200 killings perpetrated by Maoists in last three years, a Home Ministry official said.
In the last four months alone, there were 55 incidents of abduction and more than 30 killings in violence carried out by Naxals in the state.
Shinde will also take stock of various centrally-sponsored development schemes being undertaken in Jharkhand. Naxals have destroyed a large number of schools, roads, bridges, health centres, telephone towers and government buildings in the last few years.
In special initiatives, reconstruction of infrastructure and other development projects are being taken up.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living