Sushilkumar Shinde to visit Jharkhand to review security
New Delhi: Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde will visit Jharkhand on Tuesday to take stock of the security situation and development initiatives in the Naxal-affected state.
Shinde will travel to Ranchi accompanied by senior Home Ministry officials to review the law and order situation in Jharkhand and steps being taken to check violence by Maoists.
The Home Minister is scheduled to hold meetings with Governor Syed Ahmed, his two advisors -- K Vijay Kumar and Madhukar Gupta -- and other senior civil and police officials.
Jharkhand is currently under President`s rule.
The Centre is worried over unabated violence in Jharkhand where there were 542 abductions and nearly 200 killings perpetrated by Maoists in last three years, a Home Ministry official said.
In the last four months alone, there were 55 incidents of abduction and more than 30 killings in violence carried out by Naxals in the state.
Shinde will also take stock of various centrally-sponsored development schemes being undertaken in Jharkhand. Naxals have destroyed a large number of schools, roads, bridges, health centres, telephone towers and government buildings in the last few years.
In special initiatives, reconstruction of infrastructure and other development projects are being taken up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog