Switching of some MLAs to BJP not big event: JVM chief
Jamshedpur: Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantrik) (JVM) chief Babulal Marandi today termed switching over of some of his party MLAs to BJP as not a big event since such things happen before election in all parties.
"I am not disappointed over the decision of some of party legislators switching over to BJP but I am really disappointed over the extent BJP, which projected itself as a party with a difference, can stoop to target our party," the former Chief Minister, in the steel city to take part in a function organized to mark the World Indigenous Day today, told newsmen.
"I do not think it is a big development as such things have been taking place in all parties particularly before the elections," Marandi said.
"All the JVM MLAs, who have been joining BJP, have already tendered their resignation," the JVM leader said adding that those leader had left with no option but to take a call as they were sure that they would lose membership in the state assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'