Switching of some MLAs to BJP not big event: JVM chief
Jamshedpur: Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantrik) (JVM) chief Babulal Marandi today termed switching over of some of his party MLAs to BJP as not a big event since such things happen before election in all parties.
"I am not disappointed over the decision of some of party legislators switching over to BJP but I am really disappointed over the extent BJP, which projected itself as a party with a difference, can stoop to target our party," the former Chief Minister, in the steel city to take part in a function organized to mark the World Indigenous Day today, told newsmen.
"I do not think it is a big development as such things have been taking place in all parties particularly before the elections," Marandi said.
"All the JVM MLAs, who have been joining BJP, have already tendered their resignation," the JVM leader said adding that those leader had left with no option but to take a call as they were sure that they would lose membership in the state assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus