Three Maoists killed by rivals in Ranchi
Ranchi: Three guerrillas were killed by members of a rival Maoist group in Jharkhand`s Palamau district, police said Wednesday.
Members of the banned Communist Party of India-Maoist (CPI-Maoist) gunned down Jharkhand Prastuti Committee (JPC) chief Babulal alias Avinash and two other members of the group, a police official said.
The incident took place late Tuesday after JPC members were abducted in the jungle area at Taal village of Palamu district, around 145 km from here. The bodies have been sent for post-mortem, said a police officer.
In another development, police seized huge cache of arms in Ramgarh district Tuesday. Two rocket launchers, more than dozen grenades, 5,000 bullets and lives cartridges were recovered in a forest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31