Three Maoists killed by rivals in Ranchi
Ranchi: Three guerrillas were killed by members of a rival Maoist group in Jharkhand`s Palamau district, police said Wednesday.
Members of the banned Communist Party of India-Maoist (CPI-Maoist) gunned down Jharkhand Prastuti Committee (JPC) chief Babulal alias Avinash and two other members of the group, a police official said.
The incident took place late Tuesday after JPC members were abducted in the jungle area at Taal village of Palamu district, around 145 km from here. The bodies have been sent for post-mortem, said a police officer.
In another development, police seized huge cache of arms in Ramgarh district Tuesday. Two rocket launchers, more than dozen grenades, 5,000 bullets and lives cartridges were recovered in a forest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter