Three Maoists killed by rivals in Ranchi
Ranchi: Three guerrillas were killed by members of a rival Maoist group in Jharkhand`s Palamau district, police said Wednesday.
Members of the banned Communist Party of India-Maoist (CPI-Maoist) gunned down Jharkhand Prastuti Committee (JPC) chief Babulal alias Avinash and two other members of the group, a police official said.
The incident took place late Tuesday after JPC members were abducted in the jungle area at Taal village of Palamu district, around 145 km from here. The bodies have been sent for post-mortem, said a police officer.
In another development, police seized huge cache of arms in Ramgarh district Tuesday. Two rocket launchers, more than dozen grenades, 5,000 bullets and lives cartridges were recovered in a forest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29