Three Maoists killed by rivals in Ranchi
Ranchi: Three guerrillas were killed by members of a rival Maoist group in Jharkhand`s Palamau district, police said Wednesday.
Members of the banned Communist Party of India-Maoist (CPI-Maoist) gunned down Jharkhand Prastuti Committee (JPC) chief Babulal alias Avinash and two other members of the group, a police official said.
The incident took place late Tuesday after JPC members were abducted in the jungle area at Taal village of Palamu district, around 145 km from here. The bodies have been sent for post-mortem, said a police officer.
In another development, police seized huge cache of arms in Ramgarh district Tuesday. Two rocket launchers, more than dozen grenades, 5,000 bullets and lives cartridges were recovered in a forest.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory