Verdict in Giridih murder case involving Soren on June 15
Ranchi: The verdict in a 36-year-old double murder case involving former Jharkhand Chief Minister Shibu Soren, who appeared in a fast track court Thursday, will be pronounced June 15.
The fast track court of Mohammad Qasim heard the arguments of the public prosecutor and the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) chief`s lawyer.
The court fixed June 15 as the next date of hearing, on which judgment would be pronounced.
The verdict was scheduled to be delivered April 17. It had to be deferred when, three days before the judgment, Additional District Judge NN Singh, who was hearing the case, dissociated himself from it. It was then transferred to the fast track court of Mohammad Qasim.
The case is related to the April 1974 murders of two people over a dispute over the killing of two goats. Soren was accused of inciting a mob to kill Chundi Singh and Khirodhar Singh, who allegedly stole two goats and killed them in Kodko village of Giridih district.
including Soren, was filed in 1978. Eight accused were acquitted in 1986 and one died during trial.
The case against Soren was pending as he failed to appear in court earlier. A warrant pending against him surfaced in 2004 and he then surrendered. He was later released on bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside