Will welcome any group which has the numbers: Jharkhand Governor
Ranchi: Jharkhand Governor Syed Ahmed on Tuesday said he would welcome any group drumming up the magic figure to form a new government in the state, which is under central rule, hinting that he was not in favour of dissolving Jharkhand Assembly in the near future.
Speaking at a press conference here, Ahmed said he would be happy if any group came forward with the majority figure for forming the government.
Asked whether he would again recommend for dissolution of the house as four months have elapsed since the imposition of President`s rule and no party has turned up yet to take over the reins, the Governor said it would be decided when the time comes.
Central rule was imposed in the tribal state on January 18 after JMM pulled out from the BJP-led government on January 8 and banked on the Congress for tying up a new alliance.
Yesterday, Jharkhand PCC President Sukdhdeo Bhagat remained non-committal on the issue of forming the government saying everything had been apprised to the Congress high command and any decision taken by it would be abided by the party in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog