10-yr-old girl beaten up for not doing homework
Hassan: In a shocking case of corporal punishment, a 10-year-old girl suffered brain damage after she was trashed by her teacher for not doing her homework, her family claimed.
As per reports, the girl was beaten up and her head banged to a wall by her teacher in Karnataka’s Hassan district.
The incident happened some months back when the school teacher Virabhadrappa hit the girl, studying in class 3, for not completing the assignment given to her.
As per the girl’s father Devraj, her memory has been affected after she was beaten up. The once cheerful girl now rarely interacts and barely recognises her family. She is also said to be very weak.
But Devraj is determined to save his daughter at any cost and is planning to take her to the NIMHANS Bangalore for further treatment.
Devraj, who is the head of the school development and monitoring committee, said that the teacher punished his child as they were at loggerheads over some issue.
The teacher has now been placed under suspension and a probe is underway, reports said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you