10-yr-old girl beaten up for not doing homework
Hassan: In a shocking case of corporal punishment, a 10-year-old girl suffered brain damage after she was trashed by her teacher for not doing her homework, her family claimed.
As per reports, the girl was beaten up and her head banged to a wall by her teacher in Karnataka’s Hassan district.
The incident happened some months back when the school teacher Virabhadrappa hit the girl, studying in class 3, for not completing the assignment given to her.
As per the girl’s father Devraj, her memory has been affected after she was beaten up. The once cheerful girl now rarely interacts and barely recognises her family. She is also said to be very weak.
But Devraj is determined to save his daughter at any cost and is planning to take her to the NIMHANS Bangalore for further treatment.
Devraj, who is the head of the school development and monitoring committee, said that the teacher punished his child as they were at loggerheads over some issue.
The teacher has now been placed under suspension and a probe is underway, reports said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH