10-yr-old girl beaten up for not doing homework
Hassan: In a shocking case of corporal punishment, a 10-year-old girl suffered brain damage after she was trashed by her teacher for not doing her homework, her family claimed.
As per reports, the girl was beaten up and her head banged to a wall by her teacher in Karnataka’s Hassan district.
The incident happened some months back when the school teacher Virabhadrappa hit the girl, studying in class 3, for not completing the assignment given to her.
As per the girl’s father Devraj, her memory has been affected after she was beaten up. The once cheerful girl now rarely interacts and barely recognises her family. She is also said to be very weak.
But Devraj is determined to save his daughter at any cost and is planning to take her to the NIMHANS Bangalore for further treatment.
Devraj, who is the head of the school development and monitoring committee, said that the teacher punished his child as they were at loggerheads over some issue.
The teacher has now been placed under suspension and a probe is underway, reports said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test