10-yr-old girl beaten up for not doing homework
Hassan: In a shocking case of corporal punishment, a 10-year-old girl suffered brain damage after she was trashed by her teacher for not doing her homework, her family claimed.
As per reports, the girl was beaten up and her head banged to a wall by her teacher in Karnataka’s Hassan district.
The incident happened some months back when the school teacher Virabhadrappa hit the girl, studying in class 3, for not completing the assignment given to her.
As per the girl’s father Devraj, her memory has been affected after she was beaten up. The once cheerful girl now rarely interacts and barely recognises her family. She is also said to be very weak.
But Devraj is determined to save his daughter at any cost and is planning to take her to the NIMHANS Bangalore for further treatment.
Devraj, who is the head of the school development and monitoring committee, said that the teacher punished his child as they were at loggerheads over some issue.
The teacher has now been placed under suspension and a probe is underway, reports said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30