23-year old woman hacked to death in public view
Bangalore: A 23 year-old woman was brutally hacked to death by some unidentified bike-borne assailants in full public view in the city, police said.
Divya, employed with a private firm, was heading to her home late last evening when the assailants waylaid her and slashed her repeatedly on the neck and face with a machete before speeding away on their bike, they said.
The bleeding Divya was shifted to a private hospital by the onlookers where she succumbed to injuries.
"We have definite clues about the assailants. We are going to nab them very soon," Deputy Commissioner of Police South-East Division P S Harsha said.
According to police, last month a friend of Divya was reported to have proposed to her but she turned it down as she had already chosen her life partner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics