23-year old woman hacked to death in public view
Bangalore: A 23 year-old woman was brutally hacked to death by some unidentified bike-borne assailants in full public view in the city, police said.
Divya, employed with a private firm, was heading to her home late last evening when the assailants waylaid her and slashed her repeatedly on the neck and face with a machete before speeding away on their bike, they said.
The bleeding Divya was shifted to a private hospital by the onlookers where she succumbed to injuries.
"We have definite clues about the assailants. We are going to nab them very soon," Deputy Commissioner of Police South-East Division P S Harsha said.
According to police, last month a friend of Divya was reported to have proposed to her but she turned it down as she had already chosen her life partner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli-Dhoni stand keeps India in hunt
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption