23-year old woman hacked to death in public view
Bangalore: A 23 year-old woman was brutally hacked to death by some unidentified bike-borne assailants in full public view in the city, police said.
Divya, employed with a private firm, was heading to her home late last evening when the assailants waylaid her and slashed her repeatedly on the neck and face with a machete before speeding away on their bike, they said.
The bleeding Divya was shifted to a private hospital by the onlookers where she succumbed to injuries.
"We have definite clues about the assailants. We are going to nab them very soon," Deputy Commissioner of Police South-East Division P S Harsha said.
According to police, last month a friend of Divya was reported to have proposed to her but she turned it down as she had already chosen her life partner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics
- WATCH: OH MY WORD! Did Xherdan Shaqiri score greatest ever Euro goal?
- Lachipora encounter: Security forces shot dead 2 militants; gunbattle underway
- IIFA 2016: Ranveer Singh gets his fanboy moment with Fawad Khan!
- Accused of 'intimidation', Delhi Deputy CM Sisodia to stage protest march to PM Modi's residence