23-year old woman hacked to death in public view
Bangalore: A 23 year-old woman was brutally hacked to death by some unidentified bike-borne assailants in full public view in the city, police said.
Divya, employed with a private firm, was heading to her home late last evening when the assailants waylaid her and slashed her repeatedly on the neck and face with a machete before speeding away on their bike, they said.
The bleeding Divya was shifted to a private hospital by the onlookers where she succumbed to injuries.
"We have definite clues about the assailants. We are going to nab them very soon," Deputy Commissioner of Police South-East Division P S Harsha said.
According to police, last month a friend of Divya was reported to have proposed to her but she turned it down as she had already chosen her life partner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players