55% voting for six Council seats in Karnataka
Bangalore: An estimated 55 per cent electorate cast their ballots in the elections to six Legislative Council seats from the Graduates and Teachers constituencies in Karnataka on Sunday.
"The polling was peaceful," a state election commission official said.
A total of 38 and 23 candidates were in the fray for three Graduates and Teachers constituencies each.
Elections were held to Karnataka South-East, South-West and South Teachers` constituencies, and Karnataka North-East, South-West and Bangalore Graduates` constituencies.
Counting will take place on June 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'