Bangalore ATM attack: Victim discharged from hospital, accused still at large
Zee Media Bureau
Bangalore: Corporation Bank officer Jyothi Uday, who was brutally attacked with a machete inside an ATM kiosk, was reportedly discharged from hospital on Saturday.
The accused continues to be at large and police have declared a cash reward of Rs 5 lakh for information leading to arrest of the suspect.
The 38-year-old victim was undergoing treatment at hospital after being attacked by an unidentified assailant with a machete inside an ATM kiosk. She had suffered grievous brain injuries and her right side was paralysed after a small piece of bone had gone into the brain causing a "penetrating injury."
The ATM kiosk, unguarded at the time of incident, is located just metres away from a police station on the ground floor of the LIC building diagonally opposite the Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike head office in the Corporation Circle.
The assailant hit her on the head head and decamped with Rs 2,500 and her mobile.
The Bangalore police earlier detained a suspect in Tumkur area who resembled the attacker. The suspect was wearing same shirt and carrying the bag that he had at the time of attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out