Bangalore law student gang-rape: 6 accused awarded life sentence
Zee Media Bureau
Bangalore: A fast-track court on Friday awarded life imprisonment to six persons found guilty of gang-raping a 21-year-old student of National Law School of India University (NLSIU) last year.
Besides the six - Doddaerayya (19), Maddura (20), Shivanna (20), Erayya (20), Yaliyaiah (23) and Rama (23) - convicted today, the seventh is still absconding and the eight accused, a minor, is being tried in a juvenile court in Bangalore.
The six accused awarded life imprisonment were convicted under Section 376 (2)(g) for gang-rape, Sections 323 and 324 (causing hurt), Section 506 (criminal intimidation) and Section 366 (abduction).
The woman, of Nepalese origin, was with a male friend when she was attacked inside Jnanabharathi campus on October 13, 2012. The woman was dragged into the forested area where she was gang-raped. Her friend was also brutally assaulted by the accused.
The victim had discontinued her studies and went back to Nepal. She returned a few months back to depose before the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das