Bangalore Police will also seek custody of Fasih
Bangalore: The Bangalore Police on Monday said they would seek custody of Fasih Mohammed, a suspected Indian Mujahideen operative and key accused in the Delhi and Bangalore blasts, who was arrested after deportation from Saudi Arabia.
"If Delhi Police have taken Fasih into custody, we will also be seeking his custody as he is involved in the Chinnaswamy Stadium blasts", Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) B Dayanand told a news agency.
Fasih, who was in detention for five months in Saudi Arabia, was taken into custody at Delhi airport on his arrival from the Gulf.
India had sought his deportation and also got an Interpol Red Corner notice issued against him.
Believed to be a member of the banned Indian Mujahideen, Bihar-born Fasih, an engineer, is allegedly involved in the Chinnaswamy Stadium blasts in Bangalore and the shooting near Jama Masjid (Delhi), both in 2010, and is wanted by Delhi and Bangalore police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery