Bangalore Police will also seek custody of Fasih
Bangalore: The Bangalore Police on Monday said they would seek custody of Fasih Mohammed, a suspected Indian Mujahideen operative and key accused in the Delhi and Bangalore blasts, who was arrested after deportation from Saudi Arabia.
"If Delhi Police have taken Fasih into custody, we will also be seeking his custody as he is involved in the Chinnaswamy Stadium blasts", Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) B Dayanand told a news agency.
Fasih, who was in detention for five months in Saudi Arabia, was taken into custody at Delhi airport on his arrival from the Gulf.
India had sought his deportation and also got an Interpol Red Corner notice issued against him.
Believed to be a member of the banned Indian Mujahideen, Bihar-born Fasih, an engineer, is allegedly involved in the Chinnaswamy Stadium blasts in Bangalore and the shooting near Jama Masjid (Delhi), both in 2010, and is wanted by Delhi and Bangalore police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'