Bangalore’s ‘Falak’ battles for life
Bangalore: A three-month-old baby girl here is battling for life after being allegedly beaten by her father who wanted a boy, police said. The baby`s head is severely injured and there are bite marks on several parts of the body.
Police arrested the father Umar Farook, 25, an employee of a commercial shop in Shivajinagar in Bangalore`s central district, police told reporters here late Sunday.
Farook was picked up on his wife Rehsma Bhanu`s complaint that he had been torturing the baby to kill it, as he wanted a boy.
The baby, Afreen, is in the intensive care unit of the government-run Vani Vilas hospital here.
Discussing chances of the baby`s recovery, doctors said they could talk about it only after a 48-hour observation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket