Bangalore’s ‘Falak’ battles for life
Bangalore: A three-month-old baby girl here is battling for life after being allegedly beaten by her father who wanted a boy, police said. The baby`s head is severely injured and there are bite marks on several parts of the body.
Police arrested the father Umar Farook, 25, an employee of a commercial shop in Shivajinagar in Bangalore`s central district, police told reporters here late Sunday.
Farook was picked up on his wife Rehsma Bhanu`s complaint that he had been torturing the baby to kill it, as he wanted a boy.
The baby, Afreen, is in the intensive care unit of the government-run Vani Vilas hospital here.
Discussing chances of the baby`s recovery, doctors said they could talk about it only after a 48-hour observation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre