Bangalore’s ‘Falak’ battles for life
Bangalore: A three-month-old baby girl here is battling for life after being allegedly beaten by her father who wanted a boy, police said. The baby`s head is severely injured and there are bite marks on several parts of the body.
Police arrested the father Umar Farook, 25, an employee of a commercial shop in Shivajinagar in Bangalore`s central district, police told reporters here late Sunday.
Farook was picked up on his wife Rehsma Bhanu`s complaint that he had been torturing the baby to kill it, as he wanted a boy.
The baby, Afreen, is in the intensive care unit of the government-run Vani Vilas hospital here.
Discussing chances of the baby`s recovery, doctors said they could talk about it only after a 48-hour observation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried