Bangalore’s ‘Falak’ battles for life
Bangalore: A three-month-old baby girl here is battling for life after being allegedly beaten by her father who wanted a boy, police said. The baby`s head is severely injured and there are bite marks on several parts of the body.
Police arrested the father Umar Farook, 25, an employee of a commercial shop in Shivajinagar in Bangalore`s central district, police told reporters here late Sunday.
Farook was picked up on his wife Rehsma Bhanu`s complaint that he had been torturing the baby to kill it, as he wanted a boy.
The baby, Afreen, is in the intensive care unit of the government-run Vani Vilas hospital here.
Discussing chances of the baby`s recovery, doctors said they could talk about it only after a 48-hour observation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state