`BJP has become `free and pure` after BSY`s exit`
Bangalore: BJP leader in Karnataka K S Eshwarappa today said the party has become "free and pure" after the exit of B S Yeddyurappa. Referring to Yeddyurappa, Eshwarappa, who resigned as state unit BJP President earlier this month, said the party`s workers and well-wishers were earlier pained on two fronts -- confusion over state leadership and people facing corruption charges.
"Now, there is a unity in the leadership. There is no confusion," he claimed. "The workers and well-wishers are happy that those facing CBI cases and had served a prison term are not there. The party has become free and pure."
When pointed out that the party still had some MLAs who faced corruption charges and spent time in jail, Eshwarappa, also Deputy Chief Minister, said the party would take a call on them during distribution of tickets for the coming Assembly poll.
Meanwhile, he said consultations have been completed vis-a-vis selection of candidates in all the 224 constituencies for the May five poll, with interactions with BJP district president, MPs and MLAs, and the party would finalise the list at a meeting of the State election committee on March 23, which would then be forwarded to the central leadership for clearance.
In 150 segments, the party has finalised a single candidate each. Eshwarappa said the party would face the election on the plank of the achievements of the government in the past five years and the development work it carried out, and expressed confidence of returning to power.
Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar, who was with him at the press conference, said: "We will come back (to power) with clear majority".
Shettar said the party has formed a manifesto committee, under the chairmanship of Bangalore North Lok Sabha member D B Chandre Gowda.
To a question, Eshwarappa said the state unit will certainly invite Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi for campaigning in the State.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India