`BJP has become `free and pure` after BSY`s exit`
Bangalore: BJP leader in Karnataka K S Eshwarappa today said the party has become "free and pure" after the exit of B S Yeddyurappa. Referring to Yeddyurappa, Eshwarappa, who resigned as state unit BJP President earlier this month, said the party`s workers and well-wishers were earlier pained on two fronts -- confusion over state leadership and people facing corruption charges.
"Now, there is a unity in the leadership. There is no confusion," he claimed. "The workers and well-wishers are happy that those facing CBI cases and had served a prison term are not there. The party has become free and pure."
When pointed out that the party still had some MLAs who faced corruption charges and spent time in jail, Eshwarappa, also Deputy Chief Minister, said the party would take a call on them during distribution of tickets for the coming Assembly poll.
Meanwhile, he said consultations have been completed vis-a-vis selection of candidates in all the 224 constituencies for the May five poll, with interactions with BJP district president, MPs and MLAs, and the party would finalise the list at a meeting of the State election committee on March 23, which would then be forwarded to the central leadership for clearance.
In 150 segments, the party has finalised a single candidate each. Eshwarappa said the party would face the election on the plank of the achievements of the government in the past five years and the development work it carried out, and expressed confidence of returning to power.
Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar, who was with him at the press conference, said: "We will come back (to power) with clear majority".
Shettar said the party has formed a manifesto committee, under the chairmanship of Bangalore North Lok Sabha member D B Chandre Gowda.
To a question, Eshwarappa said the state unit will certainly invite Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi for campaigning in the State.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: Rare CCTV video of Ajmal Kasab and other terrorists of 26/11 Mumbai attacks
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate