BJP leader lashes out against Santosh Hegde, Guv
Shimoga: Karnataka High Court giving a clean
chit to B S Yeddyurappa in an illegal mining case is a "black
mark" against former Lokayukta Santosh Hegde and Governor H R Bhardwaj, State BJP spokesman Aynur Manjunath, Rajya Sabha MP on Thursday said.
The High Court yesterday struck down a portion of Hegde`s
findings on illegal mining, holding that no case has been made
out against the BJP leader that he favoured some mining firms.
Speaking to reporters here, Manjunath accused Hegde of
submitting a "false report" and Bhardwaj of having acted in a
partisan manner by according sanction to prosecute Yeddyurappa
without following the principle of natural justice.
He demanded that Bhardwaj resign from his post following
the court verdict.
Asked whether Yeddyurappa will be reinstated as Chief
Minister,Manjunath said the decision would be taken by the
party central leadership.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY