BJP warns MLC against seeking Yeddyurappa`s return
Bangalore: With a section of BJP reportedly making moves to bring back B S Yeddyurappa into the party fold, Karnataka BJP president Prahlad Joshi on Thursday warned of disciplinary action against party spokesperson and MLC G Madhusudhan for writing to the central leadership seeking the former Chief Minister`s return.
"The leader (Madhusudhan) writing a letter to BJP President Rajnath Singh was a big mistake and the party will initiate disciplinary action against him," Joshi said addressing a party meeting in Bangalore.
He asked party leaders to avoid writing to the central leadership without discussing the issues with state leaders.
"They should first discuss issues or problems with state leaders like Sadananda Gowda, Jagadish Shettar or me. Writing letters to central leadership is a serious breach of discipline," he said.
Madhusudhan, who was made an MLC by Yeddyurappa, has reportedly written to BJP leaders Rajnath Singh, Sushma Swaraj, Arun Jaitley and to Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, wanting the Lingayat strongman into the party before the announcement of elections to Lok Sabha.
Madhusudhan has pointed out that by bringing Yeddyurappa back would strengthen the party in the state. In some constituencies, KJP led by Yeddyurappa polled more votes than BJP indicating Yeddyurappa`s popularity, he said.
Rattled by the humiliating defeat in the May 5 Assembly polls, a section of BJP reportedly feels that Yeddyurappa should be back in the party to boost its prospects in the Lok Sabha polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'