BJP warns MLC against seeking Yeddyurappa`s return
Bangalore: With a section of BJP reportedly making moves to bring back B S Yeddyurappa into the party fold, Karnataka BJP president Prahlad Joshi on Thursday warned of disciplinary action against party spokesperson and MLC G Madhusudhan for writing to the central leadership seeking the former Chief Minister`s return.
"The leader (Madhusudhan) writing a letter to BJP President Rajnath Singh was a big mistake and the party will initiate disciplinary action against him," Joshi said addressing a party meeting in Bangalore.
He asked party leaders to avoid writing to the central leadership without discussing the issues with state leaders.
"They should first discuss issues or problems with state leaders like Sadananda Gowda, Jagadish Shettar or me. Writing letters to central leadership is a serious breach of discipline," he said.
Madhusudhan, who was made an MLC by Yeddyurappa, has reportedly written to BJP leaders Rajnath Singh, Sushma Swaraj, Arun Jaitley and to Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, wanting the Lingayat strongman into the party before the announcement of elections to Lok Sabha.
Madhusudhan has pointed out that by bringing Yeddyurappa back would strengthen the party in the state. In some constituencies, KJP led by Yeddyurappa polled more votes than BJP indicating Yeddyurappa`s popularity, he said.
Rattled by the humiliating defeat in the May 5 Assembly polls, a section of BJP reportedly feels that Yeddyurappa should be back in the party to boost its prospects in the Lok Sabha polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry