BS Yeddyurappa willing to partner Congress
Banglore: Karnataka Janatha Paksha (KJP) state president BS Yeddyurappa said he is willing to join hands with the Congress for next year’s Lok Sabha polls.
He told presspersons on Friday that he would discuss the matter with his party leaders and then take a call on an alliance with the Congress, or any other party. He said he would start touring the state in September first week. He parried questions regarding Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi.
Yeddyurappa rebuked chief minister Siddaramaiah, saying that the latter was concentrating only on Mysore and Bangalore and ignoring rest of the state.
Sources said the former CM is disillusioned after the convincing victory of the Congress in the by-polls to the Lok Sabha and legislative council constituencies and this is why he is now open to joining hands with Siddaramaiah.
The Congress, buoyed by its thumping victory, is mulling on facing the general elections on its own.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened