BSF jawan poisoned to death
Chikkaballapura: A Border Security Force Jawan died after he was allegedly administered poison by his wife in Chikkaballapura district, police said on Friday.
The deceased was identified as Venkatesh (36), working at the BSF base in Yelahanka.
Venkatesh allegedly had extra-marital affairs and used to threaten his 35-year-old wife, Shanthamma, whose first husband was a BSF jawan and had died, that he would leave her and remarry as he wanted a child, police said.
He was arrested in this connection last year and subsequently released on bail.
The two must have probably had an argument yesterday and Venkatesh died after he was allegedly administered poison by Shanthamma who mixed it with food, police said, adding,
his wife then rushed him to a private hospital where he was declared brought dead.
"Though we have registered a case of murder on the complaint of Venkatesh`s parents,in view of his past background, we will not take Shanthamma into custody till we
get the post-mortem report", police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming