BSF jawan poisoned to death
Chikkaballapura: A Border Security Force Jawan died after he was allegedly administered poison by his wife in Chikkaballapura district, police said on Friday.
The deceased was identified as Venkatesh (36), working at the BSF base in Yelahanka.
Venkatesh allegedly had extra-marital affairs and used to threaten his 35-year-old wife, Shanthamma, whose first husband was a BSF jawan and had died, that he would leave her and remarry as he wanted a child, police said.
He was arrested in this connection last year and subsequently released on bail.
The two must have probably had an argument yesterday and Venkatesh died after he was allegedly administered poison by Shanthamma who mixed it with food, police said, adding,
his wife then rushed him to a private hospital where he was declared brought dead.
"Though we have registered a case of murder on the complaint of Venkatesh`s parents,in view of his past background, we will not take Shanthamma into custody till we
get the post-mortem report", police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy