BSF jawan poisoned to death
Chikkaballapura: A Border Security Force Jawan died after he was allegedly administered poison by his wife in Chikkaballapura district, police said on Friday.
The deceased was identified as Venkatesh (36), working at the BSF base in Yelahanka.
Venkatesh allegedly had extra-marital affairs and used to threaten his 35-year-old wife, Shanthamma, whose first husband was a BSF jawan and had died, that he would leave her and remarry as he wanted a child, police said.
He was arrested in this connection last year and subsequently released on bail.
The two must have probably had an argument yesterday and Venkatesh died after he was allegedly administered poison by Shanthamma who mixed it with food, police said, adding,
his wife then rushed him to a private hospital where he was declared brought dead.
"Though we have registered a case of murder on the complaint of Venkatesh`s parents,in view of his past background, we will not take Shanthamma into custody till we
get the post-mortem report", police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video