BSY`s PIL seeking quashing of cases adjourned
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Friday adjourned to January 9 further hearing of the criminal petition filed by former chief minister BS Yeddyurappa seeking quashing of the two corruption cases filed against him.
Justice Anand Byrareddy adjourned the matter for further arguments after senior counsel representing Yeddyurappa, Jayakumar S Patil concluded his submissions today.
To Patil`s submission that sanction was not accorded for prosecution in certain offences made out in the complaint, the Judge asked "where does the sanction order say that sanction is being accorded only in certain instances".
Patil further contended that the complaints were nothing but a "political conspiracy" hatched by Yeddyurappa`s opponents to ensure that he was prosecuted.
He alleged that it was a case of abuse of process of criminal court for the purpose of harassment and the preliminary material submitted in the case "does not make
out an offence".
It is in connection with these two corruption cases out of the five filed by advocate Sirajin Basha that the Lokayukta Court had ordered issue of summons against Yeddyurappa on August 8 last year which subsequently led to his surrender
before court facing imminent arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says