BSY`s PIL seeking quashing of cases adjourned
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Friday adjourned to January 9 further hearing of the criminal petition filed by former chief minister BS Yeddyurappa seeking quashing of the two corruption cases filed against him.
Justice Anand Byrareddy adjourned the matter for further arguments after senior counsel representing Yeddyurappa, Jayakumar S Patil concluded his submissions today.
To Patil`s submission that sanction was not accorded for prosecution in certain offences made out in the complaint, the Judge asked "where does the sanction order say that sanction is being accorded only in certain instances".
Patil further contended that the complaints were nothing but a "political conspiracy" hatched by Yeddyurappa`s opponents to ensure that he was prosecuted.
He alleged that it was a case of abuse of process of criminal court for the purpose of harassment and the preliminary material submitted in the case "does not make
out an offence".
It is in connection with these two corruption cases out of the five filed by advocate Sirajin Basha that the Lokayukta Court had ordered issue of summons against Yeddyurappa on August 8 last year which subsequently led to his surrender
before court facing imminent arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery