BSY`s PIL seeking quashing of cases adjourned
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Friday adjourned to January 9 further hearing of the criminal petition filed by former chief minister BS Yeddyurappa seeking quashing of the two corruption cases filed against him.
Justice Anand Byrareddy adjourned the matter for further arguments after senior counsel representing Yeddyurappa, Jayakumar S Patil concluded his submissions today.
To Patil`s submission that sanction was not accorded for prosecution in certain offences made out in the complaint, the Judge asked "where does the sanction order say that sanction is being accorded only in certain instances".
Patil further contended that the complaints were nothing but a "political conspiracy" hatched by Yeddyurappa`s opponents to ensure that he was prosecuted.
He alleged that it was a case of abuse of process of criminal court for the purpose of harassment and the preliminary material submitted in the case "does not make
out an offence".
It is in connection with these two corruption cases out of the five filed by advocate Sirajin Basha that the Lokayukta Court had ordered issue of summons against Yeddyurappa on August 8 last year which subsequently led to his surrender
before court facing imminent arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation