CBI court extends JC of Reddy to July 2
Bangalore: A CBI court on Monday extended till July 2 judicial custody of former Karnataka Minister and mining baron G Janardhana Reddy and his personal assistant Mehfooz Ali Khan, arrested in connection with an illegal mining case involving his firm that allegedly caused a loss of Rs 480 crore to the state exchequer.
CBI court judge B M Angadi extended the judicial custody of Reddy and his personal assistant after the CBI filed an application seeking extension of their custody.
Associated Mining Corporation and Deccan Mining Syndicate owned by Reddy and his wife Aruna Lakshmi have been facing probe over charges of illegal mining.
Former minister and Congress leader V Muniyappa and some others are the other accused in the case.
Reddy is currently lodged in Bangalore Central Prison at Parappana Agrahara on the city outskirts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: HILARIOUS! When Australian all-rounder James Faulkner turned Gujarati for a day
- Shocking: Woman abducted in Bengaluru, escapes rape bid after raising alarm
- Indian weightlifters earn two quota places for Olympics
- ISIS sex slave kidnapped by Indian-origin Islamic State terrorist Siddhartha Dhar
- Italy cites UN arbitration court, says India should release Italian marine