CBI court extends JC of Reddy to July 2
Bangalore: A CBI court on Monday extended till July 2 judicial custody of former Karnataka Minister and mining baron G Janardhana Reddy and his personal assistant Mehfooz Ali Khan, arrested in connection with an illegal mining case involving his firm that allegedly caused a loss of Rs 480 crore to the state exchequer.
CBI court judge B M Angadi extended the judicial custody of Reddy and his personal assistant after the CBI filed an application seeking extension of their custody.
Associated Mining Corporation and Deccan Mining Syndicate owned by Reddy and his wife Aruna Lakshmi have been facing probe over charges of illegal mining.
Former minister and Congress leader V Muniyappa and some others are the other accused in the case.
Reddy is currently lodged in Bangalore Central Prison at Parappana Agrahara on the city outskirts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing