CBI court extends JC of Reddy to July 2
Bangalore: A CBI court on Monday extended till July 2 judicial custody of former Karnataka Minister and mining baron G Janardhana Reddy and his personal assistant Mehfooz Ali Khan, arrested in connection with an illegal mining case involving his firm that allegedly caused a loss of Rs 480 crore to the state exchequer.
CBI court judge B M Angadi extended the judicial custody of Reddy and his personal assistant after the CBI filed an application seeking extension of their custody.
Associated Mining Corporation and Deccan Mining Syndicate owned by Reddy and his wife Aruna Lakshmi have been facing probe over charges of illegal mining.
Former minister and Congress leader V Muniyappa and some others are the other accused in the case.
Reddy is currently lodged in Bangalore Central Prison at Parappana Agrahara on the city outskirts.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev