CBI court extends JC of Reddy to July 2
Bangalore: A CBI court on Monday extended till July 2 judicial custody of former Karnataka Minister and mining baron G Janardhana Reddy and his personal assistant Mehfooz Ali Khan, arrested in connection with an illegal mining case involving his firm that allegedly caused a loss of Rs 480 crore to the state exchequer.
CBI court judge B M Angadi extended the judicial custody of Reddy and his personal assistant after the CBI filed an application seeking extension of their custody.
Associated Mining Corporation and Deccan Mining Syndicate owned by Reddy and his wife Aruna Lakshmi have been facing probe over charges of illegal mining.
Former minister and Congress leader V Muniyappa and some others are the other accused in the case.
Reddy is currently lodged in Bangalore Central Prison at Parappana Agrahara on the city outskirts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'