Chinese engineer reported missing in Karnataka
Bangalore: A 41-year-old Chinese engineer, deputed by his company to assist a local steel firm to set up a new plant in Koppal District of Karnataka, was Tuesday reported missing, police said.
Li Zianpinv was reported missing from the guest house of Hospet Steels Limited belonging to Kalyani Steels Limited near Munirabad, about 340 km from here, a top police official said.
Li along with four other Chinese engineers had came to Munirabad on June 1 to assist Hospet Steels Limited setting up a new steel plant on its premises under an understanding between a Chinese steel plant and Kalyani Steels, Koppal SP B S Prakash said.
Li was last seen by local residents at around 8.15 am today, Prakash said, adding that Hospet Steels General Manager Dugappa lodged a complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brexit: UK goes to polls in knife-edge EU referendum; over 46 million people to decide Britain's fate
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends