CID police files chargesheet in PGCET scam
Bellary (Karnataka): State CID on Thursday filed a
chargesheet against 25 persons in connection with alleged
irregularities in the entrance test to Vijayanagar Institute
of Medical Sciences (VIMS) Post-Graduate entrance exam.
CID Deputy Superintendent of Police Chalapathy submitted
the 500-page chargesheet to the Judicial Magistrate First
Police have named Dr Vinayak Prasanna as the main
accused. His wife Dr Vanaja, Dr Kiran, Dr Diwakara Gatti and
Dr Fedrick have been listed as the other accused.
CID was entrusted with the probe into alleged
irregularities in selection of candidates for PG courses in
VIMS during the Common Entrance Test held on January 30. It
arrested 12 persons on October 21 and the others later.
Dr Prasanna had surrendered before the court on Oct 25.
The scam came to light two months back when some
candidates complained to the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health
Sciences Registrar about alleged malpractices in the conduct
of the recent post-graduate medical entrance exam after
results showed the 11 top ranks were bagged by those who had
appeared at VIMS` centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!