Congress flays CM`s criticism of Santosh Hegde
Bangalore: Opposition Congress on Friday flayed
Chief Minister DV Sadananda Gowda for criticising former
Lokayukta Santosh Hegde`s remarks on the government over the
illegal mining report and demanded that it clearly spell out
its stand on the anti-corruption watchdog`s version.
"The government should clearly spell out whether it has
accepted or rejected the Lokayukta report on illegal mining.
It has no powers to seek clarifications on the report under
the Lokayukta Act," KPCC President G Parameshwara said at a
press conference here.
He came down on Gowda`s remarks against Hegde that the
report was vague in nature while naming some officials.
"The government cannot close down the institution of
Lokayukta as it has been created by an act of legislature," he
said and reiterated his party`s stand that it would not allow
winding up of Lokayukta.
"Is the attack mounted by the government a personal attack
on Hegde or against his report on illegal mining?" he said.
Yesterday Gowda had hit out at Hegde`s remark against some
BJP leaders and raised doubts about some contents of the
report, including names of officials mentioned in it.
Parameshwara demanded a CBI probe into "financial
irregularities" in Bruhut Bangalore Mahanagara Palike (BBMP).
He said the state unit of Congress would tomorrow
felicitate five women who served in various fields to mark the
945th birth anniversary of late Prime Minister Indira Gandhi.
Indira Gandhi Vishishta Seva award which carries a cash
prize of Rs 10,000 and a citation would be presented to
Gayithri Nivas (Journalist), Geetha Naveen Kulkarni (Police
official), Dr M Bhagyalakshmi, Ruksana Hasan (both social
activists) and K Lokambi, a nurse at Victoria Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why