Congress mulls breach of privilege notice against Karnataka Govt
Bangalore: Opposition Congress on Wednesday said it
was contemplating to move a breach of privilege notice against the BJP Government over the leak of report of a legislature committee appointed to look into the October 11 pell-mell in the Assembly.
Opposition Congress leader Siddaramaiah, talking to
reports, took strong objection to the leaking of contents of
the Appacchu Ranjan Committee to the media.
"When the report has not been tabled in the House, how
can it be circulated to the press", he asked.
Siddaramaiah claimed that the using that report, the
government was planning to seek disqualification of 20
"Such uproarious scenes have occurred in the house on
earlier occasions and no government resorted to
anti-democratic methods", he said.
It is believed that the report had blamed Siddaramaiah
and others for provoking MLAs during the first trust vote
taken by Yeddyurappa on October 11 following withdrawal of
support to his government by 16 MLAs, including five
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant