Culprits in Manipal rape case will be arrested soon: K`taka CM
New Delhi: Under attack for failing to nab the culprits in the Manipal rape incident, Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Wednesday sought to calm frayed nerves saying those involved in the crime would be arrested soon.
"Within two, three days, I hope we would be able to trace the accused. We are making all efforts to nab the accused. Ten police teams have been formed to hunt for culprits who abducted and raped the girl," he told reporters here.
The chief minister termed as "brave" the 22-year-old medical student studying at Manipal near Udipi.
The medical student was abducted by three persons from the Manipal University campus while she was returning to her room from the library and gang-raped late night on Thursday.
"The victim is a brave girl. She jumped from the auto-rickshaw and her leg is fractured," Siddaramaiah said.
The police have released a sketch of one of the culprits prepared on the basis of the description given by the victim.
The Chief Minister said state Home Minister KJ George and the DGP (Law and Order) had visited Manipal to inspect the place where the crime took place and held meetings with police officers.
Sleuths are collecting both technical and scientific evidences from the crime spot, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly