Derailment: Probe ordered, compensation for injured
Belgaum (Karnataka): The Railways Ministry has ordered a probe into the train derailment between Suladhal and Soolebhavi stations near here in which 25 passengers were injured.
The probe will be conducted by the Commissioner of Railway Service.
Minister of State for Railways K H Muniyappa also announced a compensation of Rs 1 lakh for the seriously injured and Rs 10,000 for those who sustained minor injuries in the Miraj-Hubli passenger train derailment near Tumaraguddi last evening, a railway release said today.
Muniyappa visited the injured in the district hospital last night and today morning to enquire about their condition and directed the doctors there to attend on them expeditiously.
While 24, who sustained minor injuries were admitted to district hospital, one who suffered serious injuries was admitted to the KLE hospital.
The derailment was caused as the railway track was washed away following caving in of the earth due to incessant rains, a railway ministry spokesman had said.
The engine and four bogies of the train went off the track.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi