Doctor held in Karanataka terror plot
Bangalore: Widening the net, police have arrested one more person allegedly linked with a terror module that was unearthed last week with 14 suspects now in custody.
The City Crime Branch picked up Dr Nayueem Siddique Sunday on the basis of information provided by those already arrested.
A laptop, mobile phone and Rs 10,000 in cash had been seized from Siddique, a native of Davangere, the CCB said in a release here.
Siddique was in touch with the other arrested and providing logistical and financial support to their activities, police said, adding, he was also working as recruiter for them.
CCB sleuths arrested 11 suspects, five from Hubli and six in the city on August 30 uncovering the terror module run by them in a major operation. Three more were arrested in as many days subsequently.
The arrested including journalist Muti Ur-Reheman Siddique of an English daily, who had been remanded to police custody, were being subjected to intense questioning on their terror plans, police said.
Preliminary investigation showed that the suspects had plans to target Sangh Parivar leaders, MPs, a media owner and two journalists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof