Doctor held in Karanataka terror plot
Bangalore: Widening the net, police have arrested one more person allegedly linked with a terror module that was unearthed last week with 14 suspects now in custody.
The City Crime Branch picked up Dr Nayueem Siddique Sunday on the basis of information provided by those already arrested.
A laptop, mobile phone and Rs 10,000 in cash had been seized from Siddique, a native of Davangere, the CCB said in a release here.
Siddique was in touch with the other arrested and providing logistical and financial support to their activities, police said, adding, he was also working as recruiter for them.
CCB sleuths arrested 11 suspects, five from Hubli and six in the city on August 30 uncovering the terror module run by them in a major operation. Three more were arrested in as many days subsequently.
The arrested including journalist Muti Ur-Reheman Siddique of an English daily, who had been remanded to police custody, were being subjected to intense questioning on their terror plans, police said.
Preliminary investigation showed that the suspects had plans to target Sangh Parivar leaders, MPs, a media owner and two journalists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tunisian parliament approves national united government
- Guess who? This Bollywood veteran is giving Salman Khan serious fitness goals - Pic inside
- North Korea submarine missiles not ready until 2018: Experts
- Dhaka cafe attack mastermind, 2 others gunned down in police encounter
- ISRO to test scramjet engine