FIR quashed, Yeddy looks at BJP high command
Bangalore: Relieved by the Karnataka High Court
order quashing the FIR against him in an illegal mining case,
B S Yeddyurappa on Wednesday pinned hopes on the BJP central
leadership to render "justice" to him, indicating a renewed
bid for his reinstatement as chief minister.
"Satyameva Jayate. By the blessings of the God and people,
I have got justice from court. I always held judiciary in high
esteem", a beaming Yeddyurappa told reporters outside his
residence here before heading to a temple to offer pooja.
"I am not going to ask for anything. It is left to the high
command to decide. I have 100 per cent trust in my party
leadership that they will do justice to me", Yeddyurappa, who
was axed from chief ministership on July 31 last in the wake
of his indictment by the Lokayukta report, said.
The High Court verdict quashing the FIR based on the
Lokayukta report on illegal mining by then anti-corruption
ombudsman Santosh Hegde is expected to spur Yeddyurappa to
renew his bid to stage a comeback.
Yeddyurappa had suffered a setback in his recent attempt
to get a position when party chief Nitin Gadkari rebuffed him
and indicated he has to come clean of the corruption charges.
The 70-year-old Lingayat leader, however, ruled out
visiting Delhi to stake claim for a post.
Yeddyurappa declined to name those who he alleged
conspired to ensure that his name figured in the Lokayukta
report. "I don`t want to name anyone now".
Soon after the court pronounced verdict also quashing
chapter 22 of the Lokayukta report which had extensively dealt
on Yeddyurappa`s role in illegal mining, some of his
supporters rushed to his house and greeted him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read