Gowda instigating farmers, alleges Yeddyurappa
Bangalore: Stepping up his attack on former
prime minister H D Deve Gowda for using abusive language
against him, Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa on Tuesday
accused him of instigating farmers to create law and order
problems in the state.
"What is your intention? Do you want to vitiate the law
and order situation? You are creating confusion and hampering
development. Why are you losing your balance? Please outline
the reasons for your attack on my government?" Yeddyurappa
said posing a series of questions to Gowda.
"I have not heard in post-Independence era a former prime
minister calling a chief minister a `bloody bastard` and using
other invectives. People of Karnataka are known for decent,
dignified and courteous behaviour," Yeddyurappa told reporters
Flaying Gowda`s remarks made on Sunday during a farmers`
protest against land acquisition for the Bangalore-Mysore
Express Highway project, he appealed to the people,
particularly his party men, to end the three-day old protests
against the JDS chief.
Asserting that his government had no role in allotment of
land to Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprise (NICE) for
the project, Yeddyurappa said the MoU was signed on February
20, 1995 when Gowda was the chief minister. The framework
agreement was inked on April 3, 1997 by the then Janata Dal
government led by late J H Patel.
Hubli Advocates Assoc files defamation case
A defamation case was filed today in
a court here against Deve Gowda for his abusive remarks against Karnataka Advocate
General Ashok Haranahally over the Bangalore-Mysore
Infrastructure Corridor (BMIC) project.
Hubli Youth Advocates Association Convenor Shivananda
Vaddatti filed the case in the Judicial Magistrate First Class
The hearing of the suit will come up on February 2.
He had accused the Advocate General of filing a "false
affidavit before Supreme Court for handing over land for BMIC
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended