Halappa challenges order to conduct DNA test
Bangalore: Former Karnataka Minister H
Halappa, arrested on charges of rape and criminal
intimidation, today challenged in the High Court a lower
court`s order granting permission to CID to conduct DNA test
Earlier, a local court had given permission to CID to
draw blood samples for DNA test but had stayed it till May 24.
The petition challenging the order is listed for hearing
Meanwhile, hearing of Halappa`s bail plea, which came up
before Judge Subhash B Adi, has been adjourned to May 26.
Halappa`s judicial custody, which ended today, has been
extended to June seven by the Judicial First Class Magistrate
II court at Shimoga.
Halappa is facing allegations of rape by his friend
Venkatesh Murthy`s wife Chandravathi.
He had quit as Food and Civil Supplies Minister on May 2
in the wake of the allegation and was arrested on May 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves