Halappa challenges order to conduct DNA test
Bangalore: Former Karnataka Minister H
Halappa, arrested on charges of rape and criminal
intimidation, today challenged in the High Court a lower
court`s order granting permission to CID to conduct DNA test
Earlier, a local court had given permission to CID to
draw blood samples for DNA test but had stayed it till May 24.
The petition challenging the order is listed for hearing
Meanwhile, hearing of Halappa`s bail plea, which came up
before Judge Subhash B Adi, has been adjourned to May 26.
Halappa`s judicial custody, which ended today, has been
extended to June seven by the Judicial First Class Magistrate
II court at Shimoga.
Halappa is facing allegations of rape by his friend
Venkatesh Murthy`s wife Chandravathi.
He had quit as Food and Civil Supplies Minister on May 2
in the wake of the allegation and was arrested on May 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note