Halappa challenges order to conduct DNA test
Bangalore: Former Karnataka Minister H
Halappa, arrested on charges of rape and criminal
intimidation, today challenged in the High Court a lower
court`s order granting permission to CID to conduct DNA test
Earlier, a local court had given permission to CID to
draw blood samples for DNA test but had stayed it till May 24.
The petition challenging the order is listed for hearing
Meanwhile, hearing of Halappa`s bail plea, which came up
before Judge Subhash B Adi, has been adjourned to May 26.
Halappa`s judicial custody, which ended today, has been
extended to June seven by the Judicial First Class Magistrate
II court at Shimoga.
Halappa is facing allegations of rape by his friend
Venkatesh Murthy`s wife Chandravathi.
He had quit as Food and Civil Supplies Minister on May 2
in the wake of the allegation and was arrested on May 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read