Halappa challenges order to conduct DNA test
Bangalore: Former Karnataka Minister H
Halappa, arrested on charges of rape and criminal
intimidation, today challenged in the High Court a lower
court`s order granting permission to CID to conduct DNA test
Earlier, a local court had given permission to CID to
draw blood samples for DNA test but had stayed it till May 24.
The petition challenging the order is listed for hearing
Meanwhile, hearing of Halappa`s bail plea, which came up
before Judge Subhash B Adi, has been adjourned to May 26.
Halappa`s judicial custody, which ended today, has been
extended to June seven by the Judicial First Class Magistrate
II court at Shimoga.
Halappa is facing allegations of rape by his friend
Venkatesh Murthy`s wife Chandravathi.
He had quit as Food and Civil Supplies Minister on May 2
in the wake of the allegation and was arrested on May 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- When brave CRPF men put themselves between terrorists' bullets and colleagues in Pampore attack
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'