HC sets aside transfer order of two IPS officers
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court today set aside the order transferring Anti-Naxal Force Commander (Udupi) Alok Kumar as Additional Commissioner of Police (Law & Order) in the city.
In tandem, the court also set aside the transfer order of Additional Commissioner (Law and Order), Bangalore, T Suneel Kumar as ANF Commander.
The Division Bench headed by Justice N Kumar observed that no recommendations on the transfer of the two officers had been made by the Police Establishment Board.
The court directed the Board to send necessary recommendations within seven days and government to take a decision within two days after that. Till then, the status quo would continue, it said.
The petition filed by Suneel Kumar challenging the order of Central Administrative Tribunal vacating the stay on his transfer as IGP and Commandant of Anti-Naxal Force (ANF), Udupi, was thereby disposed of.
Earlier, ADGP (Law &0rder) and member of the PEB, Bipin Gopalakrishna submitted that PEB was not making any recommendations on posts of Additional SP and above.
Suneel Kumar had sought a stay of the CAT order.
On Mar 20, CAT had disposed of the Original Application filed by Suneel Kumar challenging his transfer, vacating the stay granted earlier this month and directed the government to follow the procedure (pertaining to transfer of IPS officers) as per the Karnataka Police Amendment Act in "letter and spirit".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon