HC stays lower court order against K’taka CM
Bangalore: In a further relief to scam-hit Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa and his family, Karnataka High Court Friday granted interim stay on a lower court order which had taken cognisance of offences against them in four private
With this the High Court has stayed the 23rd Additional
Civil and Sessions Judge C B Hippargi order taking cognisance
of five complaints filed by two city based advocates alleging
corruption and nepotism against Yeddyurappa and others.
Justice K N Keshavanarayana granted the stay on four
petitions (filed in connection with four complaints) by Sohan
Kumar, son-in-law of Chief Minister, challenging the lower
The court also ordered issue of notices to the two
respondents, advocates Sirajin Basha and K N Balaraj.
On March 29, the High Court had stayed proceedings in
the first complaint, over which the lower court had ordered
Lokayukta probe on March 24.
Following the High Court stay on the remaining four
complaints, further proceedings on five complaints in the
Sessions Court comes to a halt till further orders.
The advocates had filed five complaints before the Special Lokayukta Court for prosecuting Yeddyurappa and others in January after the Governor H R Bhardwaj accorded sanction for prosecution.
The lower court has completed recording of evidence from
complainants on their second complaint and is yet to take up
the exercise on the remaining three.
The complaints against Yeddyurappa and others relate to
alleged irregularities in denotification of land.
Meanwhile, Karnataka Home Minister R Ashoka, against whom
a private complaint has been taken cognisance of, has got
relief following the High Court granting interim stay on lower court order till April five.
Justice Keshavanarayana granted the stay on a plea filed
by Ashoka, who has been accused of securing denotification of
land by Bangalore Development Authority, bending rules.
Ashoka had contested the lower court action of taking
cognisance of offence, stating that the Governor had refused
sanction to prosecute him.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler