Illegal mining case: MLA sent to seven day CBI custody
Bangalore: The CBI special court on Saturday remanded independent MLA Satish Sail, arrested in a case relating to alleged illegal export of iron ore from Belikeri port in Karnataka, to seven days CBI custody.
Sail, owner of Mallikarjuna Shipping Corporation, was produced before the court, which allowed a CBI plea seeking his custody, a CBI official said here.
An MLA from Karwar, Sail was arrested yesterday following his interrogation by the CBI.
He is the second MLA to be remanded in the case this week.
The court yesterday had sent BSR Congress MLA Suresh Babu to judicial custody till September 27.
The scam was exposed by former Karnataka Lokayukta N Santosh Hegde, who in his report, had said 7.74 million tonnes of iron ore were illegally exported between 2006-07 and 2010-11, causing huge loss to the exchequer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert