Illegal mining case: MLA sent to seven day CBI custody
Bangalore: The CBI special court on Saturday remanded independent MLA Satish Sail, arrested in a case relating to alleged illegal export of iron ore from Belikeri port in Karnataka, to seven days CBI custody.
Sail, owner of Mallikarjuna Shipping Corporation, was produced before the court, which allowed a CBI plea seeking his custody, a CBI official said here.
An MLA from Karwar, Sail was arrested yesterday following his interrogation by the CBI.
He is the second MLA to be remanded in the case this week.
The court yesterday had sent BSR Congress MLA Suresh Babu to judicial custody till September 27.
The scam was exposed by former Karnataka Lokayukta N Santosh Hegde, who in his report, had said 7.74 million tonnes of iron ore were illegally exported between 2006-07 and 2010-11, causing huge loss to the exchequer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?