Infosys HR manager held for killing wife
Bangalore: An Infosys HR manager Satish Kumar Gupta was taken into custody by the police on Friday for having murdered his wife, a Delhi Public School teacher who was cremated at the Wilson Garden crematorium on Thursday.
Besides Satish, his father Anand Kumar Gupta was also taken into custody for interrogation, the Hulimavu police, investigating the murder of Priyanka Gupta, said.
Priyanka, a mathematics teacher, was killed on Thursday early in the morning and circumstantial evidence suggested that the murder was committed by someone close to her.
Priyanka’s body was cremated on Thursday noon. Police said the father-son duo was being interrogated to know what exactly had happened at Satish’s house on Tuesday, the day on which Priyanka was found murdered.
Police was finding it difficult to believe Satish’s version of events that had happened between 5.30 am and 6.30 am. Priyanka had called him during this hour, saying two men were at their house, enquiring if they needed newspapers. Satish had left residence for his morning walk at 5.30 am.
Police said they were viewing this story with suspicion. Though a verification of call records confirmed Satish’s cell phone number was dialled from Priyanka’s number, police found that both phones were linked to the same mobile tower.
Investigators also doubted if any conversation had taken place between Satish and Priyanka.
The police was unable to understand why he had taken an hour to reach home after receiving Priyanka’s call. After reaching home, though he had sensed something wrong, he did not try to force open the locked door or get his neighbours’ help.
Instead, Satish went to his parents’ house in the same area and then went to his office in Electronics City to get the duplicate key of his house.
Satish informed the police that he went to fetch the keys since he had suspected that Priyanka had fallen unconscious. She was suffering from arthritis, he told the police.
Satish’s parents reportedly did not have a good relationship with Priyanka. Frequent quarrels with her had forced them to stay separately from January this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?