Infosys HR manager held for killing wife
Bangalore: An Infosys HR manager Satish Kumar Gupta was taken into custody by the police on Friday for having murdered his wife, a Delhi Public School teacher who was cremated at the Wilson Garden crematorium on Thursday.
Besides Satish, his father Anand Kumar Gupta was also taken into custody for interrogation, the Hulimavu police, investigating the murder of Priyanka Gupta, said.
Priyanka, a mathematics teacher, was killed on Thursday early in the morning and circumstantial evidence suggested that the murder was committed by someone close to her.
Priyanka’s body was cremated on Thursday noon. Police said the father-son duo was being interrogated to know what exactly had happened at Satish’s house on Tuesday, the day on which Priyanka was found murdered.
Police was finding it difficult to believe Satish’s version of events that had happened between 5.30 am and 6.30 am. Priyanka had called him during this hour, saying two men were at their house, enquiring if they needed newspapers. Satish had left residence for his morning walk at 5.30 am.
Police said they were viewing this story with suspicion. Though a verification of call records confirmed Satish’s cell phone number was dialled from Priyanka’s number, police found that both phones were linked to the same mobile tower.
Investigators also doubted if any conversation had taken place between Satish and Priyanka.
The police was unable to understand why he had taken an hour to reach home after receiving Priyanka’s call. After reaching home, though he had sensed something wrong, he did not try to force open the locked door or get his neighbours’ help.
Instead, Satish went to his parents’ house in the same area and then went to his office in Electronics City to get the duplicate key of his house.
Satish informed the police that he went to fetch the keys since he had suspected that Priyanka had fallen unconscious. She was suffering from arthritis, he told the police.
Satish’s parents reportedly did not have a good relationship with Priyanka. Frequent quarrels with her had forced them to stay separately from January this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon