Inquiry launched into ‘baby selling racket’ of Bangalore
Bangalore: An inquiry has been initiated into a suspected baby selling racket operated by a lady doctor-owner of a private nursing home.
City Police Commissioner B G Jyothiprakash Mirji today said the police have taken the issue seriously and an inquiry is on.
The accused, Dr Parvin and her son Harsha, who allegedly acted as intermediaries, are being questioned.
"If found guilty, we will take stringent action," he said.
The gynaecologist was caught "red-handed" by the police yesterday allegedly while she was trying to sell an infant for money.
She has allegedly confessed during a preliminary inquiry by the Child Welfare Committee of selling four babies, all abandoned by their mothers, since 2004.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof