JDS` anti-corruption rally against Yeddyurappa Govt from May 6
Bangalore: Gearing up for his party`s
state-wide anti-corruption rallies against the BJP Government
from May 6, JDS supremo HD Deve Gowda on Tuesday alleged that the
administration in the state had been derailed due to "rampant
corruption" and the Centre had failed to act against it.
"The administration in the state has been derailed due to
rampant corruption. Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa is
emboldened by the support he has drummed up from heads of
mutts," Gowda alleged at a press conference here.
He was speaking after chairing a meeting to discuss the
preparations for the anti-corruption rallies to be taken out
by JDS from all district headquarters which would culminate in
Shimoga on May 9.
Despited repeated pointers by Governor HR Bhardwaj towards
corruption in Yeddyurappa Government and JDS state leader and
his son HD Kumaraswamy bringing out "documentary evidence",
the Centre had not acted so far, Gowda alleged.
Congress may think the UPA Government led by it could not
complete its five-year term without the support of opposition
BJP and had therefore been maintaining silence, he charged.
Kumaraswamy said his fight was neither to topple
Yeddyurappa from the chief ministership nor his government,
but directed only at eradication of corruption.
He was even prepared to quit politics to continue his
anti-corruption crusade against Yeddyurappa government if
freedom fighter like HS Doreswamy suggested.
The meeting requested Doreswamy to lead the rally.
However, Doreswamy expressed his inability as he had
already been associated with the movement supporting the
anti-corruption campaign by social activist Anna Hazare.
Doreswamy, agreed to participate in the rally on May 6 and
also at Shimoga, Kumaraswamy said.
JDS is trying to rope in other parties and intellectuals to
support the agitation in order to make it an "apolitical
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda