JDS supremo accuses Yeddyurappa of `misleading` Speaker
Bangalore: JDS supremo H D Deve Gowda
on Friday accused Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa of
"misleading" Speaker K G Bopaiah, who has slapped notices on
11 BJP rebel MLAs under provisions of the anti-defection law.
"Chief Minister Yeddyurappa is misleading the Speaker.
The government is abusing the Constitution by serving such
notices," he told reporters here.
However, he did not elaborate.
Deve Gowda also charged the BJP government with
pressuring the JDS legislators to join BJP.
"Unnecessary pressure is being brought on the JDS
legislators to join BJP. He (Yeddyurappa) is using all means
to bring pressure on our legislators," he said.
Deve Gowda alleged that Yeddyurappa was "using all
kinds of means to retain power. Come what may, he wants to
cling to his chair".
The 11 MLAs were slapped notices under the provision
of the anti-defection law, a pressure tactic resorted to by
the ruling BJP to cow down the dissidents and save its
government in Karnataka.
Yeddyurappa is to seek a vote of confidence in the
assembly on October 11 following a directive by Governor H R
Bhardwaj after 19 MLAs withdrew their support to the BJP
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh