JDS supremo accuses Yeddyurappa of `misleading` Speaker
Bangalore: JDS supremo H D Deve Gowda
on Friday accused Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa of
"misleading" Speaker K G Bopaiah, who has slapped notices on
11 BJP rebel MLAs under provisions of the anti-defection law.
"Chief Minister Yeddyurappa is misleading the Speaker.
The government is abusing the Constitution by serving such
notices," he told reporters here.
However, he did not elaborate.
Deve Gowda also charged the BJP government with
pressuring the JDS legislators to join BJP.
"Unnecessary pressure is being brought on the JDS
legislators to join BJP. He (Yeddyurappa) is using all means
to bring pressure on our legislators," he said.
Deve Gowda alleged that Yeddyurappa was "using all
kinds of means to retain power. Come what may, he wants to
cling to his chair".
The 11 MLAs were slapped notices under the provision
of the anti-defection law, a pressure tactic resorted to by
the ruling BJP to cow down the dissidents and save its
government in Karnataka.
Yeddyurappa is to seek a vote of confidence in the
assembly on October 11 following a directive by Governor H R
Bhardwaj after 19 MLAs withdrew their support to the BJP
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL