Judicial custody of Janardhana Reddy extended
Bangalore: A CBI court on Friday extended to September 26, the judicial custody of mining baron and former Karnataka Minister G Janardhana Reddy and four others arrested in an illegal mining case.
CBI court judge B M Angadi extended the judicial custody of the accused after they were produced before the court through video conferencing from Parappana Agrahara jail where they are lodged.
Meanwhile, Reddy and another accused Mehfuz Ali Khan filed applications seeking interim bail which will be heard on September 11. Both are seeking bail for the second time.
Another accused S P Raju filed a bail application last month. He is also seeking bail for the second time.
On July 10, the CBI court granted bail to Reddy`s wife Lakshmi Aruna after she appeared, complying with the summons served on her on July two.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days