Judicial custody of Janardhana Reddy extended
Bangalore: A CBI court on Friday extended to September 26, the judicial custody of mining baron and former Karnataka Minister G Janardhana Reddy and four others arrested in an illegal mining case.
CBI court judge B M Angadi extended the judicial custody of the accused after they were produced before the court through video conferencing from Parappana Agrahara jail where they are lodged.
Meanwhile, Reddy and another accused Mehfuz Ali Khan filed applications seeking interim bail which will be heard on September 11. Both are seeking bail for the second time.
Another accused S P Raju filed a bail application last month. He is also seeking bail for the second time.
On July 10, the CBI court granted bail to Reddy`s wife Lakshmi Aruna after she appeared, complying with the summons served on her on July two.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says