Karna has spent Rs 1,750 crore on relief works: Yeddyurappa
Bangalore: Karnataka Government has spent
over Rs 1,750 crore on relief and rehabilitation in 14
districts affected by the torrential rains, Chief Minister B S
Yeddyurappa said on Thursday.
A total of 346 villages in flood-affected areas have been
identified for relocation. The process of acquisition of land
for construction of over three lakh houses for those who lost
their dwellings was in full swing, he told reporters here.
He said in 224 villages, land had been identified and
acquired for rehabilitation and the process was in progress in
another 122 villages.
Stating that there were some glitches in acquiring land
for construction of houses in some villages, he said those
`hiccups` would be removed soon, paving the way for
implementation of the rehabilitation plan.
The State had received Rs 500 crore from the Centre to
take up relief and rehabilitation work in 14 districts.
Stating that quantum of compensation against crop loss which
was disbursed to the beneficiaries was meagre, he expressed
confidence that Centre would take steps to relax guidelines in
State Government had submitted a memorandum to the Centre
on the extent of damage to the tune of over Rs 18,500 crore.
"We are looking for a release of Rs 6,000 crore from the
Centre in supplementing the State`s effort in relocating and
rehabilitation of flood-affected people".
The Chief Minister said this after reviewing relief and
rehabilitation works at the meeting of Deputy Commissioners
and Chief Executive Officers of the flood-affected districts
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead