Karnataka CM to hold information portfolio, infra allocated to SR Patil
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah would hold additional charge of Information portfolio as Governor HR Bhardwaj on Satuday accepted the resignation of Santosh S Lad, who quit over allegations of illegal mining.
Infrastructure Development portfolio has been allocated to Minister for Planning, IT, BT and Science and Technology, SR Patil on the advice of the Chief Minister, according to a Raj Bhavan communique today.
Lad, who was Minister of State (Independent Charge) of Information and Infrastructure Development, submitted his resignation late last eventing to the Chief Minister, who forwarded it to the Governor for acceptance.
38-year-old Lad, a three-time MLA, was facing heat over allegations of illegal mining for the past three months.
Ahead of winter session of the state legislature, commencing on Monday, the Chief Minister, who had also been conveyed by the Governor H R Bhardwaj to take action against him, asked Lad to put in his papers.
The resignation was also aimed at disarming opposition JDS and BJP, which were gearing up to put the Government on the mat by keeping the spotlight on Lad.
The iron ore mining company in which Lad is partner is linked to another firm owned by his kith and kin which allegedly indulged in illegal mining. Lad had repeatedly denied that his company was engaged in illegal mining.
- DNA: Analysis of Mumbai's juvenile home sting operation
- DNA: Analysis of Mumbai's juvenile home sting operation - Part II
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- Puducherry polls: AINRCs first list of 21 candidates includes CM Rangasamy
- Chopper scam: Willing to come to India and face probe, says AgustaWestland middleman Christian James Michel
- Pro-Afzal event at JNU: Kanhaiya Kumar, others begin indefinite strike against punishment
- Meghalaya CM's wife, Sangma's son file nomination papers for Tura Lok Sabha bypoll
- Check cgbse.nic.in, www.cgbse.net 10th HS Results 2016 Chhattisgarh CG Board, CGBSE today at 10 AM