Karnataka CM to hold information portfolio, infra allocated to SR Patil
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah would hold additional charge of Information portfolio as Governor HR Bhardwaj on Satuday accepted the resignation of Santosh S Lad, who quit over allegations of illegal mining.
Infrastructure Development portfolio has been allocated to Minister for Planning, IT, BT and Science and Technology, SR Patil on the advice of the Chief Minister, according to a Raj Bhavan communique today.
Lad, who was Minister of State (Independent Charge) of Information and Infrastructure Development, submitted his resignation late last eventing to the Chief Minister, who forwarded it to the Governor for acceptance.
38-year-old Lad, a three-time MLA, was facing heat over allegations of illegal mining for the past three months.
Ahead of winter session of the state legislature, commencing on Monday, the Chief Minister, who had also been conveyed by the Governor H R Bhardwaj to take action against him, asked Lad to put in his papers.
The resignation was also aimed at disarming opposition JDS and BJP, which were gearing up to put the Government on the mat by keeping the spotlight on Lad.
The iron ore mining company in which Lad is partner is linked to another firm owned by his kith and kin which allegedly indulged in illegal mining. Lad had repeatedly denied that his company was engaged in illegal mining.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves