Karnataka CM to hold information portfolio, infra allocated to SR Patil
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah would hold additional charge of Information portfolio as Governor HR Bhardwaj on Satuday accepted the resignation of Santosh S Lad, who quit over allegations of illegal mining.
Infrastructure Development portfolio has been allocated to Minister for Planning, IT, BT and Science and Technology, SR Patil on the advice of the Chief Minister, according to a Raj Bhavan communique today.
Lad, who was Minister of State (Independent Charge) of Information and Infrastructure Development, submitted his resignation late last eventing to the Chief Minister, who forwarded it to the Governor for acceptance.
38-year-old Lad, a three-time MLA, was facing heat over allegations of illegal mining for the past three months.
Ahead of winter session of the state legislature, commencing on Monday, the Chief Minister, who had also been conveyed by the Governor H R Bhardwaj to take action against him, asked Lad to put in his papers.
The resignation was also aimed at disarming opposition JDS and BJP, which were gearing up to put the Government on the mat by keeping the spotlight on Lad.
The iron ore mining company in which Lad is partner is linked to another firm owned by his kith and kin which allegedly indulged in illegal mining. Lad had repeatedly denied that his company was engaged in illegal mining.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state