Karnataka: Cong demands BJP govt’s resignation
Bangalore: Opposition Congress in Karnataka
on Thursday demanded the resignation of the entire BJP government
headed by BS Yeddyurappa in the wake of the Lokayukta report
on the mining scam, citing "collective responsibility".
"The entire BJP government must go. Looting has gone up,"
Leader of the Opposition in the Assembly Siddaramaiah said,
referring to the report that pegged loss to the state
exchequer due to illegal mining between 2006 and 2010 at Rs
He said when Congress raised the issue of illegal mining by
the Reddy brothers -- Ministers G Karunakara and G Janardhana
-- in the Assembly, Yeddyurappa defended them saying they were
not engaged in it "despite in the know".
"It`s collective responsibility, the entire government
should go," Siddaramaiah said.
The Lokayukta report submitted to the government yesterday
has indicted Yeddyurappa and four ministers, including the
Reddy brothers, among others, following which the BJP central
leadership has asked the chief minister to step down.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane