Karnataka: Cong demands BJP govt’s resignation
Bangalore: Opposition Congress in Karnataka
on Thursday demanded the resignation of the entire BJP government
headed by BS Yeddyurappa in the wake of the Lokayukta report
on the mining scam, citing "collective responsibility".
"The entire BJP government must go. Looting has gone up,"
Leader of the Opposition in the Assembly Siddaramaiah said,
referring to the report that pegged loss to the state
exchequer due to illegal mining between 2006 and 2010 at Rs
He said when Congress raised the issue of illegal mining by
the Reddy brothers -- Ministers G Karunakara and G Janardhana
-- in the Assembly, Yeddyurappa defended them saying they were
not engaged in it "despite in the know".
"It`s collective responsibility, the entire government
should go," Siddaramaiah said.
The Lokayukta report submitted to the government yesterday
has indicted Yeddyurappa and four ministers, including the
Reddy brothers, among others, following which the BJP central
leadership has asked the chief minister to step down.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are Indian journalists sympathising with terrorists like Burhan Wani?
- Expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh arrested in Bihar
- Mumbai: Man crushed to death after tree falls on car
- Who is responsible for heavy traffic jams in the country?
- Who is responsible for heavy traffic jams in the country? Part-II