Karnataka crisis: Krishna meets Sonia, Rahul
New Delhi: With BJP government in Karnataka facing political crisis, Congress president Sonia Gandhi and newly-elected vice president Rahul Gandhi held detailed discussions with former external affairs minister and senior party leader SM Krishna about the political scene ahead of the May Assembly polls there.
Krishna met the Congress president for half-an-hour during which they went over the recent political developments in the state apart from the poll strategies, sources said.
Apart from discussing the prospects of Congress in the polls, they also discussed "pros and cons" of what will happen if the Assembly Elections were held ahead of the schedule, sources said, adding Krishna also met Rahul for about 40 minutes and discussed ways to galvanise partymen in the state.
This is Krishna`s first meeting after he skipped the Congress Chintan Shivir at Jaipur and travelled to Vietnam to attend a conference.
Jolting the six-month-old Jagadish Shettar ministry, as many as 13 BJP MLAs including BS Yeddyurappa, who launched Karnataka Janata Party, resigned, creating instability for the state government.
Congress is trying to highlight the good work done by the Krishna-government during 1999-2004. Krishna is one of the senior leader among Vokkalingas, comprising 18 percent of the state population.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing