Karnataka Guv discusses Megacity project with CM
Bangalore: Karnataka Governor H R Bhardwaj
on Saturday summoned Chief Minister D V Sadananda Gowda to Raj
Bhavan and discussed issues, including the controversial
Megacity housing project promoted by Forest Minister C P
Bhardwaj brought to Gowda`s notice a complaint he had
received from members of Mega City Project Association,
seeking a CBI probe into the affairs of the project and action
against Yogeshwar, who is one of the promoters.
During discussion, Gowda briefed the Governor on the
action taken on the Lokayukta report on illegal mining,
official sources attached to the Chief Minister`s secretariat
Gowda informed the Governor that about 400 officials of
various departments named by Lokayukta report have been
slapped show-cause notices.
The Megacity project is facing allegations of
irregularities, but Yogeshwar had rejected the charges saying
these were an attempt to tarnish his image.
The Governor had recently said he had no information
about the project and he would initiate action if anybody
complained about it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!