Karnataka Guv discusses Megacity project with CM
Bangalore: Karnataka Governor H R Bhardwaj
on Saturday summoned Chief Minister D V Sadananda Gowda to Raj
Bhavan and discussed issues, including the controversial
Megacity housing project promoted by Forest Minister C P
Bhardwaj brought to Gowda`s notice a complaint he had
received from members of Mega City Project Association,
seeking a CBI probe into the affairs of the project and action
against Yogeshwar, who is one of the promoters.
During discussion, Gowda briefed the Governor on the
action taken on the Lokayukta report on illegal mining,
official sources attached to the Chief Minister`s secretariat
Gowda informed the Governor that about 400 officials of
various departments named by Lokayukta report have been
slapped show-cause notices.
The Megacity project is facing allegations of
irregularities, but Yogeshwar had rejected the charges saying
these were an attempt to tarnish his image.
The Governor had recently said he had no information
about the project and he would initiate action if anybody
complained about it.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Mizoram HSLC Board Results 2016 declared: MBSE HSLC Class 10 exam Results available at mbse.edu.in
- One dead, three injured in building collapse in old Delhi
- Prince 'diagnosed with AIDS' months before his death?
- Seer Trikal Bhavanta, who threatened to take 'samadhi' during Simhastha Kumbh, arrested
- VIDEO: That's huge! Watch 11 biggest sixes in Indian Premier League history ever