Karnataka Guv discusses Megacity project with CM
Bangalore: Karnataka Governor H R Bhardwaj
on Saturday summoned Chief Minister D V Sadananda Gowda to Raj
Bhavan and discussed issues, including the controversial
Megacity housing project promoted by Forest Minister C P
Bhardwaj brought to Gowda`s notice a complaint he had
received from members of Mega City Project Association,
seeking a CBI probe into the affairs of the project and action
against Yogeshwar, who is one of the promoters.
During discussion, Gowda briefed the Governor on the
action taken on the Lokayukta report on illegal mining,
official sources attached to the Chief Minister`s secretariat
Gowda informed the Governor that about 400 officials of
various departments named by Lokayukta report have been
slapped show-cause notices.
The Megacity project is facing allegations of
irregularities, but Yogeshwar had rejected the charges saying
these were an attempt to tarnish his image.
The Governor had recently said he had no information
about the project and he would initiate action if anybody
complained about it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka