KJP deadline to oust BJP govt fails to materialise
Bangalore: After its two deadlines to topple the BJP government in Karnataka failed to materialise, the B S Yeddyurappa-led Karnataka Janata Party Tuesday refrained from setting another, but said the Jagadish Shettar ministry will soon collapse.
"Several BJP ministers and MLAs are planning to quit to join other parties including Congress", KJP leader V Dhananjayakumar claimed at a press conference after the January 15 deadline by his party met the same fate as the earlier one of January 4.
The Shettar ministry might not be in office to present the 2013-14 budget proposals, he claimed. However, KJP sources claim that some MLAs are resigning their membership en masse on January 23.
Dhananjayakumar asked Governor H R Bhardwaj to direct the BJP government not to present the budget for 2013-14 but seek only a vote on account for a specific period as the existing government may not return to honour the budget proposals after assembly polls due in May.
He said the first list of 100 candidates of KJP would be released by this month end and on January 18 a meeting of the election committee and state unit office bearers held here to finalise candidates.
Meanwhile, KJP supremo Yeddyurappa told reporters at Hassan that he would not set any deadline to bring down the BJP government.
Yeddyurappa had earlier set January four and January 15 deadlines but retracted saying "no deadline is set" following failure to muster support of required number of MLAs to topple the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation