KJP deadline to oust BJP govt fails to materialise
Bangalore: After its two deadlines to topple the BJP government in Karnataka failed to materialise, the B S Yeddyurappa-led Karnataka Janata Party Tuesday refrained from setting another, but said the Jagadish Shettar ministry will soon collapse.
"Several BJP ministers and MLAs are planning to quit to join other parties including Congress", KJP leader V Dhananjayakumar claimed at a press conference after the January 15 deadline by his party met the same fate as the earlier one of January 4.
The Shettar ministry might not be in office to present the 2013-14 budget proposals, he claimed. However, KJP sources claim that some MLAs are resigning their membership en masse on January 23.
Dhananjayakumar asked Governor H R Bhardwaj to direct the BJP government not to present the budget for 2013-14 but seek only a vote on account for a specific period as the existing government may not return to honour the budget proposals after assembly polls due in May.
He said the first list of 100 candidates of KJP would be released by this month end and on January 18 a meeting of the election committee and state unit office bearers held here to finalise candidates.
Meanwhile, KJP supremo Yeddyurappa told reporters at Hassan that he would not set any deadline to bring down the BJP government.
Yeddyurappa had earlier set January four and January 15 deadlines but retracted saying "no deadline is set" following failure to muster support of required number of MLAs to topple the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Check uaresults.nic.in for Uttarakhand Board Class 12 result 2015