K’taka: Bomb threat proves hoax
Bangalore: Authorities went into a tizzy after the Karnataka Public Service Commission building near Vidhana Soudha, the state secretariat, here received a bomb threat call on Saturday, which later turned out to be a hoax.
A KPSC officials received an anonymous call around 2.30 pm stating that four bombs planted around the building would explode around 3 pm, Central DCP BR Ravikante Gowda told PTI.
A bomb detection squad rushed to the KPSC office and thoroughly searched it but did not find any bombs, proving it to be a hoax, Gowda said.
Employees rushed out of the building when they were informed of the bomb threat, Gowda said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand