K’taka: HC adjourns Cong MLA`s anticipatory bail plea
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Monday adjourned to June 27 the hearing on anticipatory bail plea filed by senior Congress leader and MLA DK Shivakumar in a land denotification case.
Justice Subash Adi adjourned the hearing when the anticipatory bail petition filed by Shivakumar came up for hearing.
Shivakumar had moved the high court after Lokayukta police on June 21 filed a chargesheet against him and six others, including the Special Deputy Commissioner of Bangalore District, following investigation on a private complaint by TJ Abraham and Kabbalegowda in the Lokayukta Special Court.
The complaint alleged that Shivakumar had purchased a notified land measuring four acres and 20 guntas (a gunta is 1/40th of an acre) at Benniganahalli village in Bangalore East Taluk and got it converted for residential purpose and entered into a joint agreement with Puravankara Builders.
The chargesheet was filed against Shivakumar, Ramegowda (Special Deputy Commissioner), Hameed Ali (senior sub-registrar), Hanumanth (retired tehsildar), KS Chandrashekaraiah (retired revenue inspector), Doddahanumaiah (village accountant) and late BK Srinivas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan