K’taka: HC adjourns Cong MLA`s anticipatory bail plea
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Monday adjourned to June 27 the hearing on anticipatory bail plea filed by senior Congress leader and MLA DK Shivakumar in a land denotification case.
Justice Subash Adi adjourned the hearing when the anticipatory bail petition filed by Shivakumar came up for hearing.
Shivakumar had moved the high court after Lokayukta police on June 21 filed a chargesheet against him and six others, including the Special Deputy Commissioner of Bangalore District, following investigation on a private complaint by TJ Abraham and Kabbalegowda in the Lokayukta Special Court.
The complaint alleged that Shivakumar had purchased a notified land measuring four acres and 20 guntas (a gunta is 1/40th of an acre) at Benniganahalli village in Bangalore East Taluk and got it converted for residential purpose and entered into a joint agreement with Puravankara Builders.
The chargesheet was filed against Shivakumar, Ramegowda (Special Deputy Commissioner), Hameed Ali (senior sub-registrar), Hanumanth (retired tehsildar), KS Chandrashekaraiah (retired revenue inspector), Doddahanumaiah (village accountant) and late BK Srinivas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly