Ktk CM orders probe into police lathicharge, expresses regrets
Bangalore: As the state witnessed protests by
farmers decrying police lathicharge on them in Chamrajnagar,
Karnataka Government on Saturday ordered an inquiry by Divisional
Commissioner and ordered release of all those arrested.
Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa directed the police to
withdraw cases booked against agitating farmers, sources
close to him told agency here.
Police made a "mild" lathicharge to disperse a 400-member
group of farmers protesting to press their charter of demands
in Chamrajnagar and over 50 agitators were taken into custody.
The sources said Yeddyurappa expressed regret over the
lathicharge in Chamarajanagar and Davangere and asserted "my
government is pro-farmer, doors of my government is always
open for farmers and they can come for talks".
Meanwhile Yeddyurappa had a telephonic talks with Raitha
Sangha leader K S Puttannaiah and invited him for talks.
In the wake of lathicharge, Congress and JDS hit out at
the government and dubbed it as anti-farmer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?