Lack of Bellary factor will vote out BJP govt: Maha CM
Bangalore: Corruption during its tenure and the absence of "Bellary factor" would lead to voting out of office of the BJP Government and Congress getting absolute majority, Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan said on Tuesday.
Chavan, who was incharge of party affairs in Karnataka for the 2008 Assembly polls, argued that the Congress would have come to power then but for the "Bellary problem".
"In 2008, BJP political fortunes were completely based on proceeds of crime out of mining scandals coming out of Bellary (mining scam)", he told reporters here, adding, the Congress lost then because nothing was done despite his party complaining to the Election Commission, and filing petitions before the Lokayukta.
The campaign against mining scam initiated by the Congress then had resulted in "corruption being proven" with a Chief Minister (B S Yeddyurappa) and some Ministers (G Janardhana Reddy) going to jail, Chavan claimed.
"There is no Bellary factor (now in the May 5 Assembly elections", he noted. In addition, the performance of the BJP Government is before the people, who "suffered" under its regime which was either busy "fighting court battles", or "making money" and "protecting the corrupt empire", rather than focusing on development.
He expressed confidence that the Congress would get absolute majority in the elections, with a promise to provide a stable government, adding, "dark chapter of five years" should be "erased". PTI
Cong, BJP turning Karnataka into virtual battleground
Bangalore: The Congress and BJP have turned the Karnataka Assembly elections into a virtual battleground, with campaigning increasingly getting fierce, nasty, personal and bitter.
BJP star campaigner Narendra Modi`s repeated attack on Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi at a public rally here has evoked sharp reaction from the latter`s party leaders here, who have questioned the Gujarat Chief Minister`s development model.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch