Lokayukta court issues summons to Yeddyurappa
Bangalore: The Lokayukta court on Saturday issued summons to former Karnataka chief minister BS Yeddyurappa and five others, including his two sons, in connection with a private complaint filed by a city-based advocate.
After taking cognisance of the complaint by Sirajin Basha, Judge NK Sudhindra Rao adjourned the case to May 24, when they must personally appear in the court.
Besides the BJP leader, the other accused are his sons BY Raghavendra and BY Vijayendra and son-in-law RN Sohan Kumar, promoters of Adarsh Developers BM Jayashankar and BM Karunesh.
Charges being faced relate to various sections of Prevention of Corruption Act, IPC and Karnataka Land (Restriction of Transfer) Act.
The complaint pertains to illegal allotment of site in HSR Layout, with estimated loss to the state exchequer being Rs 1.92 crore, illegal gratification by Yeddyurappa obtained from Jayashankar and criminal breach of trust committed by the former chief minister through illegal denotification of land in Nagarbhavi village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past