Lokayukta court issues summons to Yeddyurappa
Bangalore: The Lokayukta court on Saturday issued summons to former Karnataka chief minister BS Yeddyurappa and five others, including his two sons, in connection with a private complaint filed by a city-based advocate.
After taking cognisance of the complaint by Sirajin Basha, Judge NK Sudhindra Rao adjourned the case to May 24, when they must personally appear in the court.
Besides the BJP leader, the other accused are his sons BY Raghavendra and BY Vijayendra and son-in-law RN Sohan Kumar, promoters of Adarsh Developers BM Jayashankar and BM Karunesh.
Charges being faced relate to various sections of Prevention of Corruption Act, IPC and Karnataka Land (Restriction of Transfer) Act.
The complaint pertains to illegal allotment of site in HSR Layout, with estimated loss to the state exchequer being Rs 1.92 crore, illegal gratification by Yeddyurappa obtained from Jayashankar and criminal breach of trust committed by the former chief minister through illegal denotification of land in Nagarbhavi village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested